Tea on Tuesday


This is why I changed my new blog to Wordpress - because of blogger issues with my new camera- this is a photo that was taken normally, not rotated or fooled with in any way - and this is how blogger sees fit to show it....WHY????
SORRY, did not mean to start tea with whining!!LOL

Anyway.........
today's tea comes in a lovely tin box. It is made by Ineeka
This little handled tea bags are called brew tache'
The top is sealed, and just rips apart, so you can pour the water over/thru' the tea leaves.

This Darjeeling is a combo of  black tea and calendula- yummy!


Depending on the size of the mug/cup, the little handles will fold out and fit the opening. Very cool!!

Also discovered in Fulks Run Grocery, was this "organic" lunch bag/tote -  furoshiki style.



Had to buy it - I wrote a post a while back (see HERE), on furoshiki folding - a "green" Japanese method of cloth folding. I have a stack of beautiful Japanese cloths, given to me by a well traveled friend (thanks, Teresa- and for finding my link!!!!), that I use and fold, and refold,  to make gorgeous little totes.

                                               This one is sewn, so it is permanently folded.



Coincidentally, the same day I came home with this, I received my latest issue of Pasticcio Quartz- produced and written by Angela Cartwright and Sarah Fishburn. --and inside was an article on furoshiki  !!
                                                                   The stars align................

And, even better, also in that  'zine -an article on Seth Apter's latest book- The Winds of Change  written with Roxanne Stout

So, here I sit, at my dining room table, inhaling the scent of the last buddleia/butterfly bush blossoms of the season, enjoying my tea and Pasticcio !!!


            Please join us for tea every Tuesday- visit Patty and Kimmie for a list of other tea lovers!!!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely tea post. You always show the most interesting tea and tea things!
    The Japanese fabric folding sounds interesting, I had not heard of that before.
    Thank you so much for sharing with us.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely read this rainy morning. The teas you drink are fantastic and the Japanese fabric folding is a terrific idea.Lennie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy those butterfly bush scents--I am dreading the cold weather already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be right over...tea sounds perfect at your house today Pat!!!
    Happy T Tuesday eventho it feels like a Monday...we got 2 inches of rain last night and counting
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always lots of good info on your blog. Enjoy visiting. Love the tablescape. The flowers are gorgeous. Interesting tea bags too. I love trying new teas and speaking of new, I will have to try that magazine Pasticcio Q. Have a happy tea day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inventive idea, a tea bag that opens for hot water, and your table is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always find the coolest stuff Pat! I'm going to have to look up tha Japanese folding technique for the lunch bag. That is just too cool!

    Your tea table is beautiful! Enjoy your Tuesday! Kimmie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you had a great Tea Tuesday. Flowers, fabric folding, and a great zine to go with your tea.

    Sorry I am late getting here. By the time Kimmie got her post up, I was out the door for two days of constant running that didn't stop till late last night. Have an awesome belated tea day, whatever day it is!

    ReplyDelete