Makin' Moo's........................

I have always loved little "moos"- A moo is a tiny 1"  x  3" business card, that you can slip in with your art, or in a swap of ACEO's or ATC, or just about anything.
I have received some beautiful teeny professionally printed works of art.There is an online company where you can have ones made up.

After reading Kimmie's  tutorial a while back, on making a MOO- I thought I would give it a try.

Altho' Kimmie suggested using cardstock for the backing, I used a cereal box!

Gathered together some of my vintage papers, ephemera, and artsy papers received in many online swaps, I cut the front off a Rice Krispies box.


A little Modge Podge and a Martha Stewart version of the same.
Ripped and cut assortment of papers artistically (!) placed and glued..
Since I used cereal box cardboard, instead of card stock, the back side was gray. To save time, instead of hand painting it- I spray painted it green and purple.
When dry, I marked it off in 1"  x3" sections. There were a couple of tiny Moo's and a couple of larger ones left over. I still used them - there I go, tweaking the size of Moo's!!

Cut them up, and put preprinted address labels on the backs.
I accidentally picked up labels that were 1/2"  x 1  3/4"-very tiny- and they were a royal pain for my DH to print with. The words would just NOT match up, no matter what. As a result, I could not have everything on there that I wanted.
I did manage to salvage enough of them to use. Next time, I must remember to read the fine print on the package!!

Silly me, I thought address labels came in a standard size.................

Here are a few of them hanging on a cute little thrift store wire clip mobile- which is going to be a great little gadget for displaying photos or ATC's!!




















Like Kimmie did, I edged the rough edges with a colored gel marker, and used the Modge Podge to tack down some loose pieces.
And, voila- I have little MOO art cards to include in swaps.
Thanks, Kimmie, for continuing to inspire!!!!


5 comments:

  1. FAB==your work!
    +++fab===inspired by kimmie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely moos,

    it must have been heaps of fun to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Loved Kimmie's and now I'm Lovin' your Moos too! Great job, a lot of work and creativity displayed here in these tiny Moos. Lennie

    ReplyDelete
  4. golly gee you've been blogging up a storm AND creating too!

    Love Kimmie's inspiration for this and you really took off with it...your moos look great
    I may actually try that for my 3x5 index card size obsession of late

    still trying to catch up here
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great! Good to hear from you again:)

    Liz
    www.bittersweetdesignstudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete