Tea on Tuesday





The last theme for Tea on Tuesday is signs of spring. In April, we go back to regular ToT- where we chat about whatever is on our mind that day- along with what we are drinking!!

My favorite signs of spring: daffodils, melting snow, green grass,new leaves on my lavender bushes, budding trees, robins, red finches, mayapples, baby animals, flies (unfortunately not a favorite!)footprints in the mud- and warm days and evenings!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Received this in a forwarded email - thought it would be cute for today!

ONLY A MOTHER WOULD KNOW...
Cup of Tea ~
One day my mother was out, and my dad was in charge of me.
I was maybe 2 1/2 years old. Someone had given me a little 'tea set' as a gift, and it was one of my favorite toys.
Daddy was in the living room engrossed in the evening news when I brought Daddy a little cup of 'tea', which was just water. After several cups of tea and lots of praise for such yummy tea, my Mom came home.
My Dad made her wait in the living room to watch me bring him a cup of tea, because it was 'just the cutest thing!' My Mom waited, and sure enough, here I came down the hall with a cup of tea for Daddy; and she watched him drink it up.
Then she said, (as only a mother would know), "'Did it ever occur to you that the only place she can reach to get water is the toilet?"

******************************************************************************

Caught a glimpse of a program on the Bramah Tea and Coffee Museum in London, altho I thought it was primarily a tea museum. The curator and founder commented that the onset of the 50's and television, brought the downfall of 300 years of traditional tea drinking. Commercials about instant coffee, and then the popularity of tea bags, took away the very essence of tea drinking and use of tea leaves. Chopped up tea in a teabag, what I grew up using, is not the way tea had been known. We are now coming back to tea leaves again- I am a convert!!


Please visit Kimmie for links to others in our tea party!! Please, join us, every Tuesday - all are welcome!!!

9 comments:

  1. ahh spring, cute capture of that rascally squirrel, your pup seems interested too!
    Love those wooden shoes, I just picked up some huge painted ones at the thrift shop, I'm going to plant hens and chicks in them.
    Lovely Spring post Pat, Mother Nature has a different treat in store everyday, doesn't she!
    Cute tea party joke too!
    Happy T to ya!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed so hard at that tea story. It was sooooooooo funny!

    Your springtime looks like mine, only my daffodils are still not in bloom. Lovely, lovely display, though. And thanks for the BIG welcome to ToT. Made my morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute story! Daffodils, a for sure sign of spring! Yea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ! I bet that mother was laughing and the father - wasn't !
    Lovely post xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo i hope i can remember your tea joke...that made me guffaw out loud!! so funny! happy T tuesday, pat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. funny thing about flies heralding spring - but it's true! and the smell of manure being spread in all the flowerbeds - Oh well!

    funny story about the tea ..... too cute!

    Happy Tuesday! Kimmie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great story. Our certainly laughed out loud and tea tastes a lot nicer and more like a ceremony when using a pot with real leaves!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post... I use tea bags most of the time as they are so convenient and come with my favorite teas... but I bead tea balls... the small mesh infusers that you put the loose tea in... So, instead of having a little hook to hang on the cup, they have beads to wait the chain outside the cup. They've always been a good seller in my Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. :D a new definition of 'toilet water' :D
    Priceless!

    ReplyDelete