Paper Swap Update







Katrin over at Kreativ Kram has organized postcard swaps with different destinations.

I have participated twice so far, hopefully, my techniques are improving!!! There are some fabulously talented paper artists out there- and I'm a newbie, just dipping my semi-artistic toe in paper waters. It's fun, and I'm learning as I go!!

So far, I've "been to" St. Petersburg (finding out along the way, that my grandmother's Finnish family moved there in the late 1800's), and Liverpool, England.

My original St. Pete's card (and first effort in a postcard trade) was made on an actual vintage postcard - with half Finland and the other half Russia- tipping the proverbial hat to the journey my ancestors made.There is a Russian and Finnish phrase stamped on the back. My swap partner. mamapia, made a fabulous arch of St. Petersburg - that I hope to frame!!!She also included a wonderful little ATC!

The last trip, was to Liverpool - and as much research as I did - the one thing Liverpool is known for is- The Beatles!!!! I had a picture of The Cavern, the club where the Beatles got their start, and placed that over a backround street map, showing the original streets of Liverpool. A poster flapping in the breeze (and I hope it arrived that way and didn't get squished in the mail!:>) ), and the wonderful old buildings along the water in the town. Use of a stamp is always required in making these postcards- and altho my supply is limited, I had a musical one, which was perfect- wafting out of the open door of the club! I sent along one of my zentangle bookmarks also.Refrigerator magnet words came in handy- glued in the doorway. I will be very excited to see my return swap!!!

If you want to see what the other participants created for Liverpool -go here!

Am looking forward to the next location!!!

4 comments:

  1. All of this is very interesting, but my personal favorite is your fish bookmark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi pat,

    thanks for your liverpool-card and the bookmark! ;-) (i love reading and need mutch bookmarks ... LOL!)
    the card is veryy fascinating and interessting. thanks for playing in this round! :-)

    you can find the informations for the next stop
    here!

    hughs
    katrin

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to see the world? You have a way of keeping me smiling when the dark of the night tries to creep in on my heart thoughts. Thank you dear lady! Imagine Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kati's Happy New Year arch IS wonderful! as are your creations Pat!
    Katrin's travel postcard swaps really are fun!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete