Z-egg-tangle Easter "Egg"





Kimmie, from Art in Red Wagons
has a great basket of Easter 'eggs', that she designed after seeing an example on another blog. She took some river rocks and used fine and regular Sharpies, and zentangled Easter eggs. They are beautiful!!!
I took a walk to the river today, in search of some perfect egg shaped rocks. Of course, when I am looking for them, I can't find what I want!!! Then, I remembered the jar full of white rocks from a beach on the North shore of LI. I have these on display in a vintage canning jar - and there are some perfect egg shapes!! The rock is 1 1/2 inches long and 1 inch wide.
So, I got out my Pigma pens and got busy. The white of the rock, with its tiny bit of sparkle (which does not show up in the picture) works beautifully with the black designs. I might have to try another one in color!!!


8 comments:

  1. I love this idea. I recently became the proud owner of some Sharpies so I might just give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow~ your egg is awesome! My daughter loves this kind of thing....I will forward it to her blog. I wanted to thank you for your concern for my brother and his family. I just found out he is being sent home from the middle east and will arrive tomorrow by dinner time. I will post when I know where and what we could send them. I am many states away from them and am collecting things. I figure they will have a P.O. box soon.
    Blessings~LillySue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever idea. And they look egg-cellent too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Great job - they're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't seem to find you e-mail address. You commented on my site about your rabbits, Phoebe and Farley. You won't believe it, but I have a friend names Phoebe Farley!
    And yes, the eggs are great. I painted rocks when I was in college. Feely rocks to keep in your pockets. I used psychadelic colors, since it was the, er, never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I miss these! They ARE brilliant and I did think when I saw your tea/lamp picture that it was a zentangle something :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just looked at the dates, it was after our anniversary and my back went on the fritz....wonder what else I missed :)

    ReplyDelete